UCH Position Open - Youth Director
- Hits: 70
Qualifications and Expectations
The Youth Director for the United Church of Huntington must retain a vibrant faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior with a strong belief in scripture as God’s inspired and inerrant Word. He/she must be able to articulate this commitment well. This person must be spiritually and emotionally mature, be able to accept criticism, and be a person of good repute. We’re seeking a person with a vibrant and enthusiastic personality with ability to build leaders. We seek someone who has the gifting and desire to serve youth of all ages and their families. This person must have experience in leading others to Christ, be able to conceive and implement a balanced ministry and be able to establish and work well in a team environment. Candidates must be willing to submit to a thorough background investigation and become a member of UCH. Persons with a college or Bible college education or its equivalent will be strongly preferred.
- Develop personal relationships, evangelize and communicate well with youth of all ages and parents in a variety of ways inside and outside the church.
- Coordinate and administer youth ministry in collaboration with boards and committees to develop and execute inspiring worship services, serving teams, and community groups.
- Recruit, train and encourage adult and student leaders to work with youth. Meet with them monthly and/or as needed to coordinate services and activities.
- Develop methodology and tools to inform and equip parents to build on what youth are learning.
- Encourage and facilitate camp and missions trips participation.
- Coordinate and execute youth events on a regular basis.
- Attend worship services and assist with the services as requested.
- Meet with the Pastor on a weekly basis for mutual edification and communication.
- Collaborate with CE Board in conducting Family Bible School.
- Encourage youth participation in the full life of the church, including worship services, serving teams (ministry and missions teams), and community groups.
- Publicize youth and children’s ministries and events in church video announcements, bulletin, Parish Paper, monthly church calendar, social media platforms, etc.
- Assist with development and leadership of media team, video creation, website maintenance, and social media team.
- Volunteer in church ministry 2-3 hours per week.
- Report and be responsible to the Pastor and Elders.
HOURS (approximately 25 hours/weekly):
- Children’s Ministry and Sunday AM Services: 4.5 hours
- Youth Service: 3 hours
- Study and Prep for services: 4 hours
- Community Groups: 2 hours
- Web/Social Media Leadership: 3 hours
- Weekly Staff Meeting: 1.5 hours
- Relationship Building / Meetings: 3 hours
- Special Event Planning and Preparation: 4 hours
- Volunteer: 2-3 hours
United Church of Huntington is located 4 miles south of Wellington, Ohio, It is a more rural setting offering outdoor enthusiasts wonderful opportunities with close proximity to a state park, several county metro-parks, wooded and farmlands, as well as the south shores of Lake Erie just 25 minutes north. For those who are more metropolitan-minded in nature, Wellington is located about 50 miles from downtown Cleveland and about 40 miles from the Akron/Canton area. The region offers relatively strong job opportunities in health care, OTR driving, education, and manufacturing.
UCH is affiliated with the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference (4C’s) and has an average attendance of about 150 for Sunday worship. We are called to be an influencer in our region and are currently drawing people from this relatively rural area comprising approximately 60k people within a 17 mile radius of the church campus. We are multi-generational in our worship expression offering traditional, blended, and online services with the intention to offer a contemporary service and possible multi-site services in the future. We are convinced of our calling to pastor our community and catalyze growth in people’s journey with Christ from exploring, to beginning, to growing, to Christ-centered.
Our vision is to Love God, Love Others, and Make Disciples of Jesus Christ. Our mission then is to help people grow in Loving God through inspiring worship services. We help people grow in Loving Others through serving teams. And we Make Disciples of Jesus Christ through small groups. We unify around essential doctrine and give liberty in non-essential doctrinal matters. UCH has a dynamic structure combining a congregational polity with a team-elder led model. Applicants are encouraged to be familiar with Natural Church Development concepts.